Bedroom Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions for the booking of an ensuite bedroom (“Accommodation”) at Farnham Castle, Castle Street, Farnham, Surrey, GU9 0AG (“Farnham Castle”)
“We” “Our” and “Us” refer to Farnham Castle Services Limited and “You” and “Your” refer to the person making the Accommodation booking, their co-occupants and invitees. “Event” refers to a wedding or other event taking place at Farnham Castle.
By placing a booking with Us, You agree to the following terms and conditions. If you have any questions about booking with us, please contact us before making a booking.
- Accommodation is available to be booked following a confirmed booking of an Event at Farnham Castle and an Accommodation booking is only redeemable in conjunction with that Event.
- The full payment for Accommodation must be made at the time of the Accommodation booking and is not transferable and is non-refundable.
- An Accommodation booking is made only when We receive cleared funds from You.
- At the time of check-in, We are obliged by law to require You to confirm Your identity and nationality.
- If Your nationality is otherwise than UK, Republic of Ireland or the Commonwealth, we are also required by law to record the number and place of issue of Your passport/identity card and details of Your next destination. These records will be kept for at least 12 months and may be disclosed or made available for inspection by any police officer or as otherwise required by applicable law. The information above will be required for each member of Your party aged 16 or over. We reserve the right to refuse entry to persons who cannot provide the information set out above. You must be at least 18 years old and present at time of check-in.
- We reserve the right to change without notice any aspect of the Accommodation booking or breakfast in the event of any circumstances beyond Our control.
- Where WiFi Internet access is provided, guests accept to use this access to the Internet fairly and appropriately. We may monitor network performance and user usage in order to maintain a fair and high level of service to all our guests.
- You agree to receiving email updates, news and event details from Farnham Castle.
- The Internet access provided is intended for general use such as access to the world wide web, email, messaging, social media, light video / music / media streaming. It is not intended or suited for heavy media streaming, online gaming, extensive downloads / uploads. Access to illegal activity or use of our network for illegal activity is prohibited and will be reported to local authorities.
- We cannot be held responsible for the loss, damage or theft of any vehicles or personal items, including any presents or associated items You bring to Farnham Castle or ask Us to handle.
- Lost keys / fobs will incur a replacement charge per key / fob lost of £40.00.
- All guests are requested to conduct themselves appropriately at all times and to comply with Our requests with regard to conduct and respect for Farnham Castle, Our employees and other guests and their health and safety. If Your behaviour is deemed to be inappropriate (including but not limited to drunk or disorderly) we may, at Our absolute discretion, refuse Accommodation or services or require You and members of your party to leave Farnham Castle and the Accommodation.
- If You soil anything, We reserve the right and You hereby authorise Us to charge You for the cost of cleaning affected items (including but not limited to bedding, throws, carpets, cushions, furnishings etc.) including specialist cleaning (as necessary).
- Within the buildings and Accommodation at Farnham Castle You must not:-
- Use naked flames
- Smoke any tobacco products including but not limited to cigarettes, pipes, e-cigarettes, e-liquids, vaping or cigars
- Temporarily or permanently attach or fix anything to the walls, floors or ceilings of Farnham Castle.
- You must not:-
- Bring any alcoholic beverages to Farnham Castle
- Bring any illegal, offensive or dangerous material to Farnham Castle
- Bring dogs or any other pets to Farnham Castle. Guide dogs are permitted if notified to Us in advance.
- We reserve the right and You hereby accept that We will charge You for the cost of loss, repair or making good of any damage or breakage in or to the Accommodation or caused by You to Farnham Castle during your stay or for any items that are missing from Your Accommodation when you leave.
- Unless otherwise confirmed by Us, check-in time is from 15:00. Please note that some accommodation is in the main Castle building and other accommodation is in the grounds of Farnham Castle. Please leave Your luggage in Your car until you have checked in at the reception and established where your room is located.
- Latest check-out time is 10:30. Should you fail to check out by this time You may be charged a ‘Late Leavers’ fee of £75 per hour or part thereof. All vehicles must be removed from Farnham Castle by 10:30 on the morning of check-out.
- All children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by and supervised by an adult at all times.
- Fold-out beds are strictly for the use of children 12 years old or under.
- We do not provide bedding for cots.
- We accept no liability and will not pay any compensation where the performance of our obligations is prevented or affected directly or indirectly by or as a result of force majeure or any circumstances beyond our reasonable control including, but not limited to, war, acts of terrorism, flood, earthquake, extreme adverse weather conditions, natural disasters, other acts of God, acts of government, pandemic or epidemic, fire, or failure of electric power, gas, water, or other utility service, plant machinery, computers, vehicles or any collapse of building structures.
- Our total liability shall not exceed the value of the charges received by Us from the Accommodation booking.
- We are required to keep a register of guests over the age of 16 who stay with us. These records are kept for a minimum of 12 months and in accordance with the DPA (Data Protection Act 2018) and the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
- You accept that any entries you make to an on-site guest book, if available, will not contain personal information or details you would not want disclosed. Any entries containing personal details that may fall into the DPA and GDPR may be removed and destroyed.