Farnham Castle is committed to minimising the adverse impact that our business activities have on the local & global environment. Working with all our partners and stakeholders, we ensure compliance with Environmental Legislation and will continually strive to improve our environmental performance.
We have a recycling program in operation. We recycle:
• Food Waste
• Ink cartridges
• We audit our waste, water and energy consumption on a quarterly basis to identify areas where efficiency can be improved.
• We continually seek ways to improve the lifespan of the products we use.
We notify our stakeholders of our Environmental Commitment & Policies by various methods of internal & external communication.
Farnham Castle has been retrofitted with energy efficient bulbs in the most areas. This is an on-going project.
There is a Procurement Policy is in operation throughout the business.
• Where feasible, we prioritise and source local products.
• The company considers the environmental attributes of products & suppliers to determine the extent to which the specifications could provide an environmentally preferable option.
• We engage in Joint Procurement to reduce transport costs.
• When possible and where practical, we will reduce waste at source.
• We actively reduce the non-recyclable waste produced by the hotel.
Sourcing from Local Suppliers:
Where possible, we do our utmost to provide support to local businesses such as:
• Buying food produce from local suppliers
• Advertising in local media
• Recommending local shops, services and attractions to our guests